Benjamin Yurosek 2023 NFL Draft Scouting Report
- A consensus top-15 TE recruit
- Both parents played sports at Colorado State (football and volleyball)
- Great-grandfather, Mike Yurosek, is credited with inventing the baby carrot
- A two-sport high school athlete (football and basketball)
- Scheme tendencies: Pro-style West Coast offense
- 2022 projected role: Starting Y TE
Pros: Benjamin Yurosek is a big-body Y tight end. He plays the ball strong in the air, attacking at its highest point. He has strong hands to pluck the ball away from his frame. He understands how to stem his routes and attack the defender’s leverage. He has a big catch radius with soft hands and body control. Yurosek finds the soft spots in zone coverages across the middle of the field. On second reaction throws, he works to an open space within his QBs vision to present an available target. He was utilized as a quick option/change moving tight end and as the slide option off of play-action. Displays decent speed once his stride is opened.
Cons: I do not believe Benjamin Yurosek’s frame is filled to the max. He’s a little slim and linear and can stand to add some bulk/mass to his body. Questions regarding defeating man coverage are valid. He is not a dynamic mover or route-runner. He doesn’t offer much as a run-after-catch threat unless space is already manufactured by the play design. Improving his power and technique as a run blocker will help shed light on his value on all three downs.
Benjamin Yurosek NFL Draft Scouting Report by Damian Parson